Pages

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

9:11

I keep seeing this number. All the time! And not just because I'm trying to see it. Almost everytime it rolls around, I happen to glance at a clock. And, for those that talk to me on the phone on a regular basis know that my phone freezes aaaalllll the time, and it'll just so happen that my phone will freeze on 9:11 or I'll look down after it has re-started and the display will say 9:11. You get the gist. Oh, and for my favorite yet: I was looking on youtube yesterday for a song to play and there were a few in the sidebar by Misty Edwards, one title in particular caught my eye, "break these chains". I thought to myself that one sounded like something I needed to listen to. I started to scroll down to look for more, but I did a double-take; the time on that song was 9:11. Sounding hokey yet? I promise it's not! :)

God sometimes does this with me to get my attention or to remind me to pray or think of Him, or whatever. Recently, the number of choice has been 9:11 - how fitting, right? 911! That number usually does get our attention.

Well, after a long day of ups and definietly downs, I was all alone in a room rocking little Josiah to sleep (the simplicity of that is not something I've experienced much of with him) and I was thinking and praying and thanking the Lord for some pretty awesome blessings, like both of the kids sleeping for two hours at the same time, and a friend coming over to help me do a project, and for the little tiny baby that I can't belieeeeve my sister is going to have!!! I glanced over at the clock and it said 9:10. I was already basking in the Lord's presence and he didn't even have to remind me!

No comments:

Post a Comment