Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

Leaving the house is overrated!

My poor sister, Mary Elizabeth, had the pleasure of going shopping with me and the two kiddos yesterday. We were going to go to a small consignment store and look at baby stuff, but when we got there it was closed, so off to Kohl's we went. Oh, how I've missed Kohl's! I walked in and put the kids in a cart, turned around to face the wonderment in front of me and headed off with a spring in my step and a smile on my face! It was heaven....for a few minutes at least. Josiah started to get fussy after about just ten minutes or so and Elizabeth was getting antsy in the cart, so, with Josiah in my arms, I proceeded to push Elizabeth around in the cart, which was like 15 feet long and really heavy! That got old fast, so I went to find Mary. Well, Mary let Elizabeth walk around a bit....that never turns out well. Once she was free, she didn't want to sit back down. So, I scurried through the men's section to find Sami some clothes, and then Elizabeth spotted Pooh and Tigger - she got back in the cart with a small bribe that she could hold them until we left. I didn't want to get stuck with a billionth stuffed animal, so we went to find something smaller to appease her. After we found some Elmo jammies (SCORE!) we went to check out. Ha!

A while back, I lost my debit card and have yet to order a new one, so leaving my cash at home was a bit of a problem! Ugh! First, I told the cashier my dilemma and she told me just to apply for a Kohl's card; well, I don't really have any credit, so no one will lend me any and I figured I'd just give it a shot to see what happened. Ha, again! The computer told her very tactfully that it could not be completed at this time....DENIED!! So, I had to count out the money in my wallet (which I counted wrong) with the cashier and then Mary thankfully was able to spot me the rest with her card.

Purchases: check! Screaming babies: check!

We got to the car and Josiah had fallen asleep (finally) only to be rudely awakened by Elizabeth's tantrum over not getting french fries fast enough (oh my goodness!!!!) Well, Josiah screamed the whole way home, poor baby! When he would settle, Elizabeth, with her perfect timing, would say something (or should I say whine something very loudly) and wake him up.

I don't know if the stress of the situation came across in writing, but it wasn't exactly fun...I feel really bad for Mary!

I love me some clearance, but that was just not ideal. Next time, I'm not taking more than one baby at a time. And...I think I'm going to do my shopping online from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment