Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Something to think about...

I'm not much of a thinker, plain and simple. I barely have time to remember to eat lunch, let alone sit and ponder something, so here's my grand thought of the week...

I was sitting at the computer and it notified me that the battery was really low, so I went to get the powercord. When I picked up the cord, it whipped around and hit my leg, and I thought, "ouch, that kinda hurt!" And the Lord said to me very clearly, "I was whipped and beaten for you."

WHOA! Where did that come from??

Well, I've been feeling lately that dilly-dallying on the computer has been a bit of a distraction, and I knew that He wanted me to sit and think about what He'd said for a minute instead of getting back on the computer. So, I was thinking, "yuck." Ya know? I just felt disgusting. I sin like nobody's business and I hate when I know I'm ignoring the fact that I should be spending time with Him instead of things that are pretty much meaningless. Then I realized that if I can so easily go about my day doing so, then I really really don't know the gravity of what He did for me. I also realized that if I were the only person He ever created, that he STILL would have suffered just for me. I know that. But I also know that the reality of what He did, doesn't even begin to penetrate my reality. I can never even touch on the actuality of it. The story of the cross has just become something that we read and hear about a billion times before we're even twelve, and it becomes just that: a story.

Lord, how I want to truly understand and hold dear what you did for me! I have ALOT to think about.

1 comment:

  1. AMEN!!!! Oh my beautiful Rebekah, how Jesus SOOO loves your heart!!! You just make Him sooo happy! I LOVE watching the Jesus is you! :)

    ReplyDelete