Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

Polar Opposites

Have you ever done a science experiment with magnets?  You know how when you hold up two magnets that have the same polarity, they repel, and the opposite ones attract?  You know, that feel of resistance where no matter how hard you try, you can't push them together and the closer they get the more they repel, and eventually they very suddenly just push away?  Or, the feel of the opposites pulling together no matter how hard you try to pull them apart, and finally they suddenly click together and it's almost impossible to pry them apart? 



Sami and I just had a really great conversation, one of those that is so pricesless.  We actually rarely even have conversations - there just isn't alot of time for those!  BUT, tonight we got to talk for a while and work through something that's been lurking around for a while.  Sometimes it takes a while to work through something.  Sometimes you don't even know you're working through it, until it culminates and you talk through it and have victory in the end.  You know?  I just love those times when you work through something, especially something really sticky and even awful, and in the end you feel closer than ever.  Oh, how sweet it is to experience that!!  I wish everyone who's married could understand that, but you can't understand unless you experience it; that when you just work at something, and work through something, the bond becomes unbreakable.  When we were done talking, I just had this feeling that I can only describe by the example of the magnets...when you hold up two opposite magnets, they wobble and shake and you can try to keep them apart, but eventually they will pull together, and then they're stuck!  That's what we are and that's all I want to be: polar opposites.

No comments:

Post a Comment